To successfully complete biometric verification you will need the following:
What you will need
- A valid (must not have expired) passport or driver's license.
- A laptop with a web cam or a smart phone with a camera.
Steps to Complete Biometric Verification
- When accessing your account through OrbitRemit's website, the first step is to select your initials located in the top right hand corner of your account. Select 'Verification' and you will be directed to a new page which shows the 'Biometric Verification' option.
- The second step is to follow the 'I have a Webcam' and 'Start Biometric Verification' prompts.
- This will take you to the third step, which is when you need to select the issuing country of your chosen identity document. Choose the relevant country and proceed to take a photo of your passport or NZ, AU or UK driver's license
- Once the document has been captured we will then ask you to take a selfie. Please note that this needs to be a 'live' image, we cannot accept a static photo of you.
Good to know
It is very important the images you take capture the document in its entirety and are not obscured by glare.
Biometric verification completed through the website may take a couple of minutes to return the result. If you have completed biometric verification through one of our mobile applications, a member of our support staff will be in touch if your attempt has not returned a successful response.