If you want to make a NZD transfer we will need to verify your details as part of the transfer process. All customers wishing to send NZD will be required to complete Biometric Verification. You will be guided through the two step process and just need to follow the prompts.
What you will need
Biometric Verification will require you to have access to either;
- A computer with a working web cam (on our web app) or
- A mobile phone with a working camera to complete the process on our Android or iOS apps.
Identification (ID) Document
Biometric Verification will require you to have a valid ID document. You can use any passport and driver's license for select countries. When you select the issuing country of your document you will see a list of which documents are acceptable.
Please note your identification document needs to be valid (not expired).
Proof of Address
We may also require a valid proof of address document which needs to meet the requirements below:
- Be addressed to, or show the name of, the OrbitRemit account holder.
- Be less than six months old and show the date of issue.
If an address document is required, you will be prompted to upload a file during the transfer creation process.
- Utility bill (electric, phone, broadband, water or gas)
- Bank or credit card statement
- Document from a New Zealand bank, bank subsidiary, credit union or financial institution that provide lending or deposit related products only.
- New Zealand council rates notice or valuation
- Document from a New Zealand insurance company that contains a unique policy or reference number (this does not include quotes)
- Document issued by a New Zealand Government agency
- Residential rental agreement from a REAA registered real estate agency
- Document from a New Zealand superannuation provider that has a unique customer or reference number
- Document from a current NZQA registered education provider
- Letter or payslip from your current employer
- Letter from employer on company letterhead confirming residential address
- Letter from electoral office or your electoral roll papers
- Signed rental tenancy agreement, flatting or sub-letting agreement
- Car registration notification/demand
- Short term accommodation letter issued by the accommodation provider
Other forms of POA will require Compliance Officer approval
Proof of bank account documents are easy to retrieve from BNZ and ANZ bank. See links below for more details:
- BNZ: https://www.bnz.co.nz/support/mobile-banking/documents/downloading-a-proof-of-account-document
- ANZ: https://help.anz.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/1349/~/proof-of-account
If you bank with a different organisation, contact them and ask how to get a Proof of Bank Account statement.