If you want to make a NZD transfer we will need to verify your details as part of the transfer process. All customers wishing to send NZD will be required to complete Biometric Verification. You will be guided through the two step process and just need to follow the prompts.
What you will need
Biometric Verification will require you to have access to either;
- A computer with a working web cam (on our web app) or
- A mobile phone with a working camera to complete the process on our Android or iOS apps.
Identification (ID) Document
Biometric Verification will require you to have a valid ID document. You can use any passport and driver's license for select countries. When you select the issuing country of your document you will see a list of which documents are acceptable.
Please note your identification document needs to be valid (not expired).
Proof of Address
We may also require a valid proof of address document which needs to meet the requirements below:
- Be addressed to, or show the name of, the OrbitRemit account holder
- Be less than six months old and show the date of issue
If an address document is required you will be prompted to upload a file during the transfer creation process.
- Bank/credit card statement
- Proof of bank account document
- Utility bill (Electric, phone, broadband, water and gas)
- Bank, building society or credit card statement
- Council rates invoice
- Signed rental tenancy agreement
- Insurance policy document
- An official letter from a third party (e.g., employer, solicitor, Real estate agency, University etc.) confirming address may be considered
- Other forms of POA will require Compliance Officer approval
Proof of bank account documents are easy to retrieve from BNZ and ANZ bank. See links below for more details:
If you bank with with another bank contact them and ask how to get a Proof of Bank Account statement