You can use OrbitRemit to transfer money to someone in Bangladesh who wants to collect it as cash from a physical location.
Step 1: Get recipient information
To make a transfer to a person in Bangladesh for cash pickup you will need the following information for them:
- Full name
- Mobile number
Once you have the required information you can begin the process.
Step 2: Create a transfer
If this is your first time, you can read our guide to creating your first transfer:
Learn how to create a transfer
Step 3: Create a new recipient
For first time cash pickups you will need to create a new recipient, even if you have sent to their bank account previously.
When creating the recipient, select 'A person who will collect funds' as the type of person you wish to pay.
The details you enter for your recipient must match exactly the details displayed on the Identity document they present to collect the funds. This includes middle name details if they exist. If there is any mismatch between what you entered and what is on their document there could be delays in processing the transfer.
Step 4: Pay for your transfer
Once you have completed the transfer details you will be given the details of how to pay. To ensure your transfer is processed without delay it is important that you pay as soon as possible. All the details you need will be provided once you have finalised the transfer.
Learn how to pay for your transfer
Step 5: Cash collection
Once we receive your payment we will release your transfer for collection by your recipient. If you have provided a valid mobile number we will contact your recipient to let them know that the cash is available to collect.
- Agrani Bank
- Bangladesh Krishi Bank & its agent (Rajshahi Krishi Unnayan Bank)
- Bank Asia
- BRAC Bank
- Dutch- Bangla Bank
- Islami Bank Bangladesh
- Janata Bank
- NCC Bank
- Pubali Bank
- Rupali Bank & The City Bank
- Sonali Bank
- Uttara Bank
- NGO / MFI / Development Bank
- Ansar VDP Unnayan Bank
- Karmasangsthan Bank
- Correct collection reference number. This reference is provided once you have created a transfer and will also be sent, via SMS, to your recipient.
- Sender’s full name.
- Recipients mobile number.
- Transfer amount in Bangladesh Taka.
- Valid identification document with matching name provided by you the sender eg: Government Issued passport / drivers licence.
- There is a 100,000BDT collection limit for all cash pick ups.
- The details you enter for your recipient must match exactly the details displayed on the Identity document they present to collect the funds. This includes middle name details if they exist.
- Please ensure the mobile number provided for your recipient is valid, so we can contact them as above.
- Refunds for payments made in Australian dollars (AUD) If your transfer is below $1,000 we will need email confirmation of your account name, account number and BSB.
If your transfer is above $1,000 we will need: A Proof of Payment(screenshot or receipt) from your internet banking showing your payment to us which must include; Account name, Account number, BSB and the corresponding amount.